[Python-Dev] set.copy documentation string

Noam Raphael noamraph at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:59:09 CET 2005

On 12/29/05, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> If "makes no sense" means "would not make a difference", then you
> are wrong. Objects in a set are not necessarily unmodifiable;
> they just have to be hashable.

Oh, you are right. I thought so much about dropping default hash=id,
or more generally that only frozen objects should be hashable, that I
forgot that it's not the case yet... :)

(I used the term "frozen" instead of "immutable" since I think that
"immutable" is not defined very well, because tuples are considered
immutable even though their value can change if they reference mutable
objects.)

Thanks,
Noam