[Python-Dev] [Doc-SIG] that library reference, again

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 06:41:50 CET 2005

Ian Bicking wrote:
> Anyway, another even more expedient option would be setting up a
> separate bug tracker (something simpler to submit to than SF) and
> putting a link on the bottom of every page, maybe like:
> http://trac.python.org/trac/newticket?summary=re:+/path/to/doc&component=docs
> -- heck, we all know SF bug tracking sucks, this is a good chance to
> experiment with a different tracker, and documentation has softer
> requirements other parts of Python.

While I quite like this idea, would it make it more difficult when the bug
tracking for the main source code is eventually migrated off SF? And what
would happen to existing documentation bug reports/patches on the SF trackers?

Is it possible to do something similar for the online version of the current
docs, simply pointing them at the SF tracker? (I know this doesn't help people
without an SF account. . .)

Cheers,
Nick.