[Python-Dev] Database import problems

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Feb 1 16:32:43 CET 2005

I wonder if there is a developer with MySQL or sqlite and the
appropriate Python interface module who can help me to understand a
problem I'm experiencing trying to use PEP 302-style import hooks.

Basically I suspect we've either got an import bug or (more likely IMHO)
a documentation bug, but I don't want to file on sf until I know exactly
what the problem is, and I'm reluctant to use too much bandwidth on
python-dev, which I know to be a busy list.

The background is visible in the Python-list archives starting at

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-January/262148.html

Of course it's possible that a savvy developer can just tell me what the
problem is by reading that thread.

If not, being a bear of little brain I need help from someone who is
used to running debugging interpreters and can see exactly what's going
on - my debugging system is fine for Python source, but has no insight
into the interpreter code itself.

Since I'm not currently subscribed to python-dev an email response (or,
better, a follow-up on the c.l.py thread) would be appreciated if you
can solve this problem.

I'm happy to send full code off-list (or on-list, come to that) to
anybody who can assist.

regards
  Steve
--
Meet the Python developers and your c.l.py favorites
Come to PyCon!!!!  http://www.python.org/pycon/2005/