[Python-Dev] Re: Is msvcr71.dll re-redistributable?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 3 03:11:31 CET 2005

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote in message
news:5.1.1.6.0.20050202195401.038c04d0 at mail.telecommunity.com...
> So, in an amusing turn of events, the EULA actually appears to forbid the
> current offering of Python for Windows, since it does not have such a
> EULA.

Except of course that MS gave Python developers several copies of its
newest compiler specifically for the purpose of compiling the Windows
distribution.

It would be nice to get a clear English statement from MS.  I have dealt
with the legalese in property sales agreements, lease agreements, and
normal software licenses, but the quoted EULA snippets are the most obscure
by far.

Terry J. Reedy