[Python-Dev] Re: Wanted: members for Python Security Response Team

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Feb 5 23:22:49 CET 2005

"Raymond Hettinger" <python at rcn.com> wrote in message
news:001b01c50bc3$81f3e460$fa01a044 at oemcomputer...

>> Would it be possible to release a 2.3.4a that has just the fix over
> and
>> above the released version?  In this case it turns out that the fix
> nearly
>> coincided with the release of 2.3.5 and 2.4.1.  Would you do an
>> accelerated
>> release if this had come up right after they were released?

> Just go to 2.3.6.  No need to add a further complication to the
> numbering scheme.

As I remember, 2.3.1 was precedent for this -- a quick
fix-one-critical-item release about a week after 2.3.

Perhaps Python.org should have a release-announcement-only mailing list for
people who would not get the news any other way.  And/or perhaps final
release announcements and security warnings could be made on the various
Python-application mail lists if not so done already.

Terry J. Reedy