[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib xmlrpclib.py, 1.38, 1.39

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Feb 10 20:23:59 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 14:09, Tim Peters wrote:
 > Fred, is there a reason to avoid datetime.datetime's .isoformat()
 > method here?  Like so:

Yes.  The XML-RPC spec is quite vague.  It claims that the dates are in ISO
8601 format, but doesn't say anything more about it.  The example shows a
string without hyphens (but with colons), so I stuck with eactly that.

 > A possible downside is that you'll also get fractional seconds if the
 > instance records a non-zero .microseconds value.

There's nothing in the XML-RPC spec about the resolution of time, so, again,
I'd rather be conservative in what we generate.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>