[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib xmlrpclib.py, 1.38, 1.39

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 00:27:01 CET 2005

[Tim]
>> Well, then since that isn't ISO 8601 format, it would be nice to have
>> a comment explaining why it's claiming to be anyway <0.5 wink>.

[Fred]
> Hmm, that's right (ISO 8601:2000, section 5.4.2).  Sigh.

Ain't your fault.  I didn't remember that I had seen the XML-RPC spec
before, in conjunction with its crazy rules for representing floats.
It's a very vague doc indeed.

Anyway, some quick googling strongly suggests that many XML-RPC
implementors don't know anything about 8601 either, and accept/produce
only the non-8601 format inferred from the single example in "the
spec".  Heh -- kids <wink>.