[Python-Dev] Memory Allocator Part 2: Did I get it right?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 16 08:50:51 CET 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
>     I'm not certain it is acceptable to make this assumption. Why is it
>     not possible to use the same approach that was previously used (i.e.
>     leak the arenas array)?
>
> Do you have something else in mind?  I'll talk with Martin about it if
> he still wants to.  Martin, this miserable code must die!

That's fine with me. I meant what I said: "I'm not certain". The patch
original claimed that it cannot possibly preserve this feature, and
I felt that this claim was incorrect - indeed, Evan then understood
the feature, and made it possible.

I can personally accept breaking the code that still relies on the
invalid APIs. The only problem is that it is really hard to determine
whether some code *does* violate the API usage.

Regards,
Martin