[Python-Dev] [ python-Bugs-1124637 ] test_subprocess is far too slow (fwd)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 17 15:15:46 CET 2005

Peter Astrand wrote:
> I'd like to have your opinion on this bug. Personally, I'd prefer to keep
> test_no_leaking as it is, but if you think otherwise...
>
> One thing that actually can motivate that test_subprocess takes 20% of the
> overall time is that this test is a good generic Python stress test - this
> test might catch some other startup race condition, for example.

test_decimal has a short version which tests basic functionality and always
runs, but enabling -udecimal also runs the specification tests (which take a
fair bit longer).

So keeping the basic subprocess tests unconditional, and running the long ones
only if -uall or -usubprocess are given would seem reasonable.

Cheers,
Nick.