[Python-Dev] UserString

Michel Pelletier michel at dialnetwork.com
Wed Feb 23 03:04:34 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 03:01 am, Guido wrote:

> BTW, there's *still* no sign from a PEP 246 rewrite. Maybe someone
> could offer Clark a hand? (Last time I inquired he was recovering from
> a week of illness.)

Last summer Alex, Clark, Phillip and I swapped a few emails about reviving the
245/246 drive and submitting a plan for a PSF grant.  I was pushing the
effort and then had to lamely drop out due to a new job.

This is good grant material for someone which leads to my question, when will
the next cycle of PSF grants happen?   I'm not volunteering and I won't have
the bandwidth to participate, but if there are other starving souls out there
willing to do the heavy lifting to help Alex it could get done quickly within
the PSFs own framework for advancing the language.

-Michel