[Python-Dev] UserString

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Feb 23 01:14:45 CET 2005

>>     if e.errno <> errno.EEXIST:
>>         raise
>
>You have a lot more faith in the errno module than I do. Are you sure
>the same error codes work on all platforms where Python works? It's
>also not exactly readable (except for old Unix hacks).

On the other hand, LBYL in this context can result in race conditions
and security vulnerabilities. "os.makedirs" is already a composite of
many system calls, so all bets are off anyway, but for simpler operations
that result in an atomic system call, this is important.

http://www.object-craft.com.au/