[Python-Dev] PEP 309

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 02:18:42 CET 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:26:11 -0500, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
> Are you sure about that?  Contriving examples is easy, but download a
> few modules, scan them for use cases, and you may find, as I did, that
> partial() rarely applies.  The argument order tends to be problematic.
>
> Grepping through the standard library yields no favorable examples.

I also didn't find many the last time I looked through:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-December/257990.html

> In inspect.py, you could replace "formatvarkw=lambda name: '**' + name"
> with "partial(operator.add, '**') but that would not be an improvement.

Yeah, I remember thinking that the nicer way to write this was probably
   formatvarkw='**%s'.__mod__

Steve
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy