[Python-Dev] Out-of-date FAQs

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) tdelaney at avaya.com
Tue Jan 4 00:25:23 CET 2005

While grabbing the link to the copyright restrictions FAQ (for someone
on python-list) I noticed a few out-of-date FAQ entries - specifically,
"most stable version" and "Why doesn't list.sort() return the sorted
list?". Bug reports have been submitted (and acted on - Raymond, you
work too fast ;)

I think it's important that the FAQs be up-to-date with the latest
idioms, etc, so as I have the time available I intend to review all the
existing FAQs that I'm qualified for.

As a general rule, when an idiom has changed, do we want to state both
the 2.4 idiom as well as the 2.3 idiom? In the case of list.sort(), that
would mean having both:

    for key in sorted(dict.iterkeys()):
        ...do whatever with dict[key]...

and