[Python-Dev] Will ASTbranch compile on windows yet?

olsongt at verizon.net olsongt at verizon.net
Wed Jan 5 08:22:32 CET 2005

[TIM]

> I don't have time to join the current crusade.  If there's pent-up
> interest among Windows users, it would be good to say which
> compiler(s) you can use, since I expect not everyone can deal with VC
> 7.1 (e.g., I think Raymond Hettinger is limited to VC 6; and you said
> you worked up a VC 6 patch, but didn't say whether you could use 7.1
> now).

I've attached an updated patch that gets things working against current cvs.  This also includes some fixes for typos that appear to have slipped through gcc and my have caused obscure bugs in *nix as well.

I'll gladly fix the MSVC 7.1 project files after someone with commit privleges merges changes from HEAD as Jeremy requested.

Any windows users building based on this patch would also need to run the 'asdl_c.py' utility manually right now before compiling.  Something like:

    C:\Src\ast-branch\dist\src\Parser>asdl_c.py -h ..\Include -c ..\Python Python.asdl

I'll get a proper fix in for MSVC 7.1, but don't feel like dealing with it for the obsolete 6.0 project files.

-Grant