[Python-Dev] Please help complete the AST branch

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Wed Jan 5 19:20:51 CET 2005

Jeremy Hylton <jhylton at gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone want to volunteer to integrate the current head to the
> branch?  I think that's a pretty important near-term step.

I'll take a shot at it.

I see the following:

2216 changes:

1428 modifications w/o confict
399 adds
360 removes
29 conflicts

Major conflict:
Python/compile.c                (Probably not merged during 1st merge)
Lib/test/test_compile.c         (ditto)
Lib/test/test_os.py             (AST?)
Lib/test/test_re.py             (AST?)

Major conflict probably not AST related:
Lib/test/test_bool.py
Lib/test/test_urllib.py
Lib/test/output/test_profile
Python/pythonrun.c (check brackets!)

Other issues: need local -kk to avoid another 80 conflicts due to the priceless
              keyword expansion, have to watch out for binary files like IDLE icons.

              ViewCVS is down, slows things up.

I'm going to tag the trunk: mrg_to_ast-branch_05JAN05

--
KBK