[Python-Dev] Re: csv module TODO list

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Wed Jan 5 13:19:21 CET 2005

Quite a while ago I posted some material to the csv-list about
problems using the csv module on Unix-style colon-separated files --
it just doesn't deal properly with backslash escaping and is quite
useless for this kind of file. I seem to recall the general view was
that it wasn't intended for this kind of thing -- only the sort of csv
that Microsoft Excel outputs/inputs, but if I am mistaken about this,
perhaps fixing this issue might be put on the TODO-list? I'll be happy
to re-send or summarize the relevant emails, if needed.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland       Fallen flower I see / Returning to its branch
http://hetland.org       Ah! a butterfly.           [Arakida Moritake]