[Python-Dev] 2.3.5 schedule, and something I'd like to get in

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jan 5 23:19:40 CET 2005

Michael Hudson wrote:
> Martin, can you please believe that Jack, Bob, Ronald et al know what
> they are talking about here?

I find that really hard to believe, because it contradicts to what I
think Apple wants me to believe. I'm willing to follow a series of
statements that I can confirm to be facts somehow (e.g. "As TechNote
XY says, OSX has a bug in that it loads the Current version at run-time,
no matter what version the binary says should be used"). I'm not really
willing to believe a statement without any kind of proof - regardless
who made that statement. "Read the mailing lists" is no proof.

If I was to accept anything said without doubt, Jack would not have
needed to post his message in the first place - he expressed his
opinion that he believed the changes to be appropriate. It was his
doubt that triggered mine. I am not going to interfere with the
changes -- it's just that I want to understand them.

Kind regards,
Martin