[Python-Dev] an idea for improving struct.unpack api

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Jan 7 15:57:25 CET 2005

Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> writes:

>> Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> writes:
>
>>> This is my ctypes-like attempt at a high-level interface for struct.
>>> It works well for me in macholib:
>>> http://svn.red-bean.com/bob/py2app/trunk/src/macholib/ptypes.py
>
> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:
>>
>> Unsurprisingly, that's fairly similar to mine :)
>
> So, why don't you both use the original?
> ctypes works on the mac, too ;-)

Well, I probably wrote mine before ctypes worked on the Mac... and
certainly when I was away from internet access.  I guess I should look
at ctypes' interface, at least...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I located the link but haven't bothered to re-read the article,
  preferring to post nonsense to usenet before checking my facts.