[Python-Dev] PEP 246, redux

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jan 10 23:59:40 CET 2005

At 05:42 PM 1/10/05 -0500, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>On Jan 10, 2005, at 16:38, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

>>>I have not considered conformance of such objects as functions or
>>>modules; if that is important,
>>
>>It's used in at least Zope and PEAK; I don't know if it's in use in Twisted.
>
>SVN trunk of Twisted (what will be 2.0) uses zope.interface.

What I meant was, I don't know if Twisted actually *uses* interface
declarations for modules and functions.  It has the ability to do so,
certainly.  I was just saying I didn't know if the ability is actually used.

PEAK uses some interfaces for functions, but I don't think I've ever used
them for modules, and can think of only one place in PEAK where it would
make sense to declare a module as supporting an interface.  Zope policy is
to use interfaces for *everything*, though, including documenting the
interface provided by modules.