[Python-Dev] a bunch of Patch reviews

Irmen de Jong irmen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 18 20:32:43 CET 2005

Irmen de Jong wrote:
> Hello
> I've looked at one bug and a bunch of patches and
> added a comment to them:
[...]

> [ 579435 ] Shadow Password Support Module
> Would be nice to have, I recently just couldn't do the user
> authentication that I wanted: based on the users' unix passwords

I'm almost done with completing this thing.
(including doc and unittest).
However:
1- I can't add new files to this tracker item.
    Should I open a new patch and refer to it?
2- As shadow passwords can only be retrieved when
    you are root, is a unit test module even useful?
3- Should the order of the chapters in the documentation
    be preserved? I'd rather add spwd below pwd, but
    this pushes the other unix modules "1 down"...

--Irmen