[Python-Dev] PyCon: The Spam Continues ;-)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jan 25 00:24:21 CET 2005

Dear python-dev:

The current (as of even date) summary of my recent contributions to
Python -dev appears to be spam about PyCon.

Not being one to break habits, even not those of a lifetime sometimes, I
spam you yet again to show you what a beautiful summary ActiveState have
provided (I don't know whether this URL is cacheable or not):

<http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Browse/ByAuthor/python-dev?author=cHljb25AcHl0aG9uLm9yZw-->

If I remember Trent Lott (?) described at an IPC the SQL Server database
that drives this system, and it was a great example of open source
technology driving a proprietary (but I expect (?) relatively portable)
repository.

Since I have your attention (and if I haven't then it really doesn't
matter what I write hereafter, goodbye ...) I will also point out that
the current top hit on Google for

	"Microsoft to Provide PyCon Opening Keynote"

is

	[Python-Dev] Microsoft to Provide PyCon Opening Keynote
by Steve Holden (you can repeat the search to see whether this assertion
is true as you read this mail, and read the opening keynote announcement
[I hope...]).

Space at PyCon is again enlarged, but it certainly isn't infinite. I'd
love to see it filled in my third and last year as chair. The program
committee have worked incredibly hard to make sure we all have to choose
between far more technical content than a single individual can possibly
take in on their own. They [disclaimer: I was program chair, but this
should be kudos for the committee membership - without whom this
conference would have failed in many dimensions] they have succeeded so
well we all, I hope, have to agonize between two sumptuous but
equidistant technical bales of hay.

Only by providing such rich choice can we ensure that an even broader
community forms around Python, with free interchange between the
technical communities of the proprietary and open source worlds, and
equitable participation in the benefit.

Sorry I haven't made many CVS contributions lately. We really should be
showcasing more Python technologies via www.python.org.

targeted-marketing-to-talented-professionals-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119