[Python-Dev] Terminology for PEP 343

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Sun Jul 3 04:04:31 CEST 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 10:45 am, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> On Friday 01 July 2005 11:44, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>  > Resource managers.
>
> Yeah, I was thinking that, but was somewhat ambivalent.  But I definately
> like it better than anything else proposed so far.

I like that as well.  My hat in the ring would be "brackets" or "bracketed
statements", implying there is something before, after and in the middle.
Also not an acronym, and short.

And while we're on naming issues...

Regarding __enter__/__exit__ versus __enter__/__leave__, I like the latter not
only because of ASM history but that the two are the same length, making
documentation cleaner in some cases.

    ENTER:   blah blah
    LEAVE:   blah blah

A minor item, but then I'm big on visual symmetry. ;-)

-Jeff