[Python-Dev] builtin filter function

Reinhold Birkenfeld reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net
Wed Jul 20 00:27:57 CEST 2005

Ruslan Spivak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was reading source code for bltinmodule.c and found probably erroneus
> stuff in filter function. I'm newbie to python inners and don't know if
> attached code is worth for a patch submission.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it and if it's ok
> then i'll make submission, otherwise just drop it.
> TIA

This is indeed a bug in the function, and could have caused memory leaks
because of not releasing the preallocated tuple.

Since this is evident, I fixed it by now (Python/bltinmodule.c r2.318.2.1 and
r2.322), but in the future you should always post patches to SourceForge to
avoid crowding python-dev.

But above all, thank you for spotting this issue and helping to make Python
more bug-free!

Reinhold

--
Mail address is perfectly valid!