[Python-Dev] installation of python on a Zaurus

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Jul 26 23:15:09 CEST 2005

Aahz wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2005, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to get Python installed on a Zaurus, running OpenBSD.
>

> While python-dev can be a good place to get questions like this
> answered, many more people read comp.lang.python, and you should ask
> there, too.

Thanks ... I found my problem, once I'd put in enough prints into
setup.py to look at what what happening (I do wish I knew how to use the
python debugging features better than I do) and read the library code, I
realized that it seemed to be finding the libraries by relying on the
Linux habit of softlinking libraries like libtcl85.so.1.0 to
libtcl85.so.  This isn't done on the zaurus (until I forced it for the
tcl libraries), and clearing this, got all my python 2.4.1 installed.
I've played a bit with graphics already. so I guess I did it right.