[Python-Dev] PEP: Migrating the Python CVS to Subversion

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Jul 30 00:35:47 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 16:59, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> Perhaps. Somebody would need to research the precise migration
> procedure. I once tried to move the Python CVS to Sunsite
> (or its successors), and gave up after half a year of getting
> nowhere; I'm personally not keen on repeating such an experience.

I'm with you.  SF is a devil we know.  If we don't stick with them (and
it looks like that's not an option if we want to switch to svn soon),
then I say we move it to svn.python.org, where we already have a server
set up and running.  If we need more volunteers, well the community has
always stepped up before and I'm sure it will when we come asking again.

Actually, it's a good idea to /always/ be soliciting for help.  People
get burned out and busy and I'd love to have a bullpen of volunteers
that gets constantly refreshed.

-Barry