[Python-Dev] Dynamic class inheritance && something else

Vero aqua_azul_2000 at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Jun 14 18:26:55 CEST 2005

Hi.  My name is Veronica, I am a master student at UNAM.  I am working on something related to Artificial Inteligence and I have been looking for the most appropriated programming language to implement my algorithms.  I found python to be very close to what I need, but there are still a couple of details that I haven't been able to solve.

First, (and most important) I would like to be able to dynamically modify the classes from which a class inherits.  I haven't found any way to do it with the language as it is.  If there is a way, any suggestion will be truly appreciated.  If I had to modify the source code to achieve this, I hope that you could give me some hints; I have an idea of how something like this could be achieved but since I don't know deeply the python sourcode I could get lost.

Second, since my program will be modifying classes during run time, I would like to have a way to write on a file the python code that would have defined the class with the functions and attributes as they were left, just as if it had been writen like that at the very begining.  I need it to be python code because I will be using that latter.  Maybe I will have to solve this second problem by myself but I just wrote in case anybody had a good idea.

Thank you very much for your help.

Vero

  La sociedad es inherentemente democrática: la mayoría decide si pensar por si misma o si dejar que alguien más les diga qué pensar.

 http://mx.geocities.com/aqua_azul_2000/