[Python-Dev] Compiling Python with Intel compiler?

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 23:11:47 CEST 2005

Intel has a free (as in beer) C compiler for Linux. A friend of mine
is involved in its production and marketing. He would like to see how
"his" compiler does on Python -- does it work at all, and is there a
speedup? I promised him I'd look into this, but between PEPs and my
day job I don't seem to have the time, so now I'm making up on my
promise by trying to delegate...

The compiler is here:

  http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/clin/index.htm

On the right is a link to a "Free Non-Commercial Download".

That's all I know.

I think that if someone puts some time in this, they should get a free
Intel T-shirt.