[Python-Dev] Failing tests: marshal, warnings

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Mon Mar 7 01:28:50 CET 2005

On 06 March 2005, I said:
> Anyone else seeing test failures on the 2.4 branch right now?  I started
> seeing this failure:
>
>   test_warnings
>   test test_warnings failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/test/test_warnings.py", line 57, in test_warn_specific_category
>       warnings.warn(text, category)
>     File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/warnings.py", line 57, in warn
>       warn_explicit(message, category, filename, lineno, module, registry)
>     File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/warnings.py", line 92, in warn_explicit
>       raise message
>   RuntimeWarning: unfiltered RuntimeWarning
[...]
> Naturally, they only fail when running the full test suite.

OK, I've narrowed it down: test_warnings fails when run after
test_descr:

  $ ./python -E Lib/test/regrtest.py test_descr test_warnings
  test_descr
  test_warnings
  test test_warnings failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/test/test_warnings.py", line 57, in test_warn_specific_category
      warnings.warn(text, category)
    File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/warnings.py", line 57, in warn
      warn_explicit(message, category, filename, lineno, module, registry)
    File "/scratch/src/python-2.4/Lib/warnings.py", line 92, in warn_explicit
      raise message
  RuntimeWarning: unfiltered RuntimeWarning

Does this ring alarm bells with anyone?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Gee, I feel kind of LIGHT in the head now, knowing I can't make my