[Python-Dev] rationale for the no-new-features approach

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Mar 9 16:38:12 CET 2005

+1 (wish * could say +sys.maxint).

To emphasize:

- We want people to update to bug fix releases quickly. For people
   to do that, they need to know the risk of breakage is low.  Reducing the
   scope of the release is important for that.

- Python has gotten much better at this than it used to be.  I remember the
   days when major features in 3rd-dot releases caused major headaches for us.
   I think that made Python look bad.

Jim