[Python-Dev] LinkedHashSet/LinkedHashMap equivalents

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed Mar 9 23:15:58 CET 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 4:19 PM, Thomas Heller wrote:

> If this were the only use case, you are right.  I cannot remember the
> use case I once had right now, and probably the code has been rewritten
> anyway.  But I assume use cases exist, otherwise there weren't so many
> recipes for the ordered dictionary.

I use ordered dictionaries for testing. With an ordered dict I can
string compare the output of my program to what is expected. Without an
ordered dict, I'd have to re-parse the output and order it, which would
require some complicated code that's just as likely to be wrong as the
code I'm trying to test.

James