[Python-Dev] Adding any() and all()

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pierre.barbier at cirad.fr
Fri Mar 11 14:09:07 CET 2005

And why not use the names already in use in numarray/Numeric ?

They are called "sometrue" and "alltrue" ... IMHO, it explicits more
what it means :

   alltrue(i<5 for i in l)
   sometrue(i<5 for i in l)

Another point is: as I agree there is already a huge lot of builtins,
shouldn't it be in some module ? Perhaps in itertools ?

Pierre

PS: It's my first post on the list, even if I'm reading it for a few
months now ^_^