[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Fri Mar 11 14:21:51 CET 2005

[Martin v. Löwis]
> I'd like to encourage feedback on whether the Windows installer works
> for people. It replaces the VBScript part in the MSI package with native
> code, which ought to drop the dependency on VBScript, but might
> introduce new incompatibilities.

[Tim Peters]
> Worked fine here.  Did an all-default "all users" install, WinXP Pro
> SP2, from local disk, and under an account with Admin rights.  I
> uninstalled 2.4 first.  I suppose that's the least stressful set of
> choices I could possibly have made, but at least it confirms a happy
> baseline.

I tried several stranger things, like installing over 2.4.0 but in a
different directory. Everything worked like clockwork. I did NOT try
anything that would have involved a system with various things missing
(like lack of VBScript), but I did play around with alternate install
locations, repairs, uninstalls, single-user and all-user installs, and
I found no problems anywhere. Nice work!

-- Michael Chermside