[Python-Dev] Python2.4.1c1 and win32com

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 12 03:31:03 CET 2005

> Win32com generates Python-files for use with com interfaces,
> using the make-py.py utility.
>
> The generated files are OK with Python2.3.5
>
> The generated files crash the Python interpreter with Python 2.4
>
> Under Python 2.4.1c1, They give a syntax error!?
>
> The files unfortunately are very big, nearly 2Mb each,
> although they compress very well (270Kb).
[...]
> Anyone who can help or offer any suggestions?

I believe this is a pywin32 bug, which has been fixed in (pywin32) CVS and
will be fixed for the next build.  It's certainly a probably with 2.4.0 as
well as 2.4.1.

The pywin32 mailing list archives have more details, as do the tracker for
the project: <http://sf.net/projects/pywin32>.

=Tony.Meyer