[Python-Dev] Python 2.4 won the "Jolt productivity award" last night

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:42:20 CET 2005

Python 2.4 won the "Jolt productivity award" last night. That's the
runner-up award; in our category, languages and development tools, the
Jolt (the category winner) went to Eclipse 3.0; the other runners-up
were IntelliJ and RealBasic (no comment :-).

Like usually, open source projects got several awards; both Subversion
and Hibernate (an open source Java persistency library) got Jolts.

Maybe from now on we should add "award-winning" whenever we refer to
Python 2.4. If someone can find out the website where the results are
summarized (I'm sure there is one but I'm too lazy to Google).