[Python-Dev] Change 'env var BROWSER override' semantics in webbrowser.py

rodsenra at gpr.com.br rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Sun Mar 20 15:59:29 CET 2005

> Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra wrote:
>> I propose a small change in webbrowse.py module.
>
> I think I'm generally in favour of such a change.

Thanks. I'm glad to know!

> - please don't post patches to python-dev,

Sorry. I'm aware of that. For clarification's sake,
I was not _posting_ a patch to the mailing list.
My intention was to *discuss* the patch, and since it was
so small, I found easier to copy it than to explain it.

Since nobody opposed to the idea, I already have submitted
a patch to the tracker (1166780  Fix _tryorder in webbrowser.py).

> - please accompany your change with a documentation patch.

Indeed. Already available in sf.

> I would be willing to waive the test case requirement here as
> unimplementable.

That is a relief in this particular case <wink>.

Thank you for all your advice.

best regards,
Rod Senra