[Python-Dev] [AST] question about marshal_write_*() fxns

Brett C. bac at ocf.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 21 17:53:04 CET 2005

For those of you who don't know, I am sprinting on the AST branch here on
PyCon.  Specifically, I am fleshing out Python/compile.txt so that it can act
as a good intro to new users and as a design doc.

But one of things I am not sure of is what the marshal_write_*() functions in
Python/Python-ast.c are used for.  I assume they output to the marshal format,
but there is mention of a byte stream format and so I thought it might be that
as well.

Anyone know which one it is?

-Brett