[Python-Dev] @decoration of classes

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Wed Mar 23 03:28:35 CET 2005

Good day,

I just noticed that decoration of classes was not included with the
@decoration syntax that made it into Python 2.4.  While I understand
that class decoration was not a part of PEP 318, I remember people were
interested in decorating classes for all sorts of reasons, among them as
a prefix notation for documenting (which seems to nearly satisfy
Nicholas Jacobson) as well as a partial metaclass replacement.

Is the fact that it didn't make it into 2.4 due to a pronouncement that
I missed/forgot, lack of time, or was it merely forgotten?

Thanks,
 - Josiah