[Python-Dev] docstring before function declaration

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Mar 24 03:46:44 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 05:58, Nicholas Jacobson wrote:
> Oops, you're right.
>
> What I should have said is to use a blank docstring as
> follows:

It's still unclear to me what a file containing a single docstring
followed by a def() line means. And this ambiguity doesn't seem
to be solvable, so I'm a solid -1 on this change.

(In addition, I should note that I tried editing a moderate sized
file to put the docstrings before the defs - to my eyes, it made
the file more cluttered and much less pleasing to the eye)