[Python-Dev] Re: webbrowser.py

Oleg Broytmann phd at mail2.phd.pp.ru
Tue Mar 29 11:14:54 CEST 2005

Hello!

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 06:31:29PM -0300, Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra wrote:
>  Outstanding work Oleg. I read it through and wouldn't change a bit.
>  I have revised: libwebbrowser.tex.patch and webbrowser.py.patch.
>  They are Ok regarding grammar, TeX and ... whatever <wink>.
>  I recommend to apply both files.

   Thank you very much!

>  However, I would withdraw the third file -- webbrowser wrapper script, since the same
>  functionality can be accomplished with:
>
>  python -m webbrowser http://www.python.org

   Oh, that's an idea! I haven't thought about it because I didn't switched
to python 2.4 yet - commercial programs that I'm developing are based on
2.3. I copied the "webbrowser script" idea from pydoc/pydoc.py.

   Fred, now it's your turn. Please review http://python.org/sf/754022
and decide what to do with all that.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru