python.org/sf URLs aren't working? Re: [Python-Dev] Weekly Python Patch/Bug Summary

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 31 20:40:27 CEST 2005

    Jeff> I get 500 Internal Server Error messages when I try to access the
    Jeff> URLs in the recent patch summary.

    Jeff> Is this happening to anybody else?

Yup.

I don't have time to look into the problem, however...

Here's a traceback:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/sf", line 82, in ?
        log_type(report, tracker)
      File "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/sf", line 42, in log_type
        os.unlink(idsfile+".lck")
    OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/sourceforge-ids.txt.lck'

and here's the script.  It looks like lock file creation is failing but
log_type() isn't returning, so in the finally clause deletion fails.

Skip