[Python-Dev] Pre-PEP: Unifying try-except and try-finally

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed May 4 21:19:25 CEST 2005

    Guido> Nice one. Should be a piece of cake to implement. Please talk to
    Guido> peps at python.org about getting it checked into the PEP database.

    Guido> I'm +1 on accepting this now -- anybody against?

I'm not against it, but I thought there were ambiguity reasons that this
construct wasn't already implemented.  I'm pretty sure people have asked
about it before but been rebuffed.

Here's a message with Reinhold's fingerprints on it:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-June/227008.html

Here's another one:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-November/193159.html

Both reference other articles which presumably have more details about the
reasoning, but I was unable to find them with a quick search.

Skip