[Python-Dev] PEP 340: Breaking out.

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Thu May 5 18:48:29 CEST 2005

Eric Nieuwland wrote:

> This is linear. No looping whatsoever. And easily translated to a
> simple language construct and a protocol:
>
> class resource(object):
> 	def __init__(self,...):
> 		# store resource parameters
> 	def __acquire__(self):
> 		# whatever it takes to grab the resource
> 	def __release__(self):
> 		# free the resource

I wanted to see what the examples in PEP340 would look like written with
standard class's using object inheritance and overriding to define
resource managers.  If anyone's interested I can post it.

My block class is non-looping as I found in most cases looping isn't
required, and looping complicates things because you have to pass around
a loop expression due to not all loops will want to behave that same way.

The solution was to put the loop in the body method and call a
repeat_body method (the repeated body section) which is added to the
class when needed.

Ron_Adam