[Python-Dev] PEP 340: Breaking out.

Simon Percivall s.percivall at chello.se
Fri May 6 04:13:51 CEST 2005

On 6 maj 2005, at 03.55, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Seems to me it should be up to the block iterator whether
> a break statement gets caught or propagated, since it's
> up to the block iterator whether the construct behaves
> like a loop or not.

And this is not confusing in what way? Making it depend
means you constantly have to readjust your understanding
of the statement based on the context. And this is _if_
you know how it behaves in the particular case. If you're
trying to understand the source code, having break depend
on something defined somewhere completely else seems like
an obstacle to easy understanding. IMHO, of course.

//Simon