[Python-Dev] Breaking off Enhanced Iterators PEP from PEP 340

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:04:21 CEST 2005

On 5/6/05, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/6/05, Steven Bethard <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > PEP: XXX
> > Title: Enhanced Iterators
>
> Strawman question - as this is the "uncontroversial" bit, can this
> part be accepted as it stands? :-)

FWIW, I'm +1 on this.  Enhanced Iterators
 * updates the iterator protocol to use .__next__() instead of .next()
 * introduces a new builtin next()
 * allows continue-statements to pass values to iterators
 * allows generators to receive values with a yield-expression
The first two are, I believe, how the iterator protocol probably
should have been in the first place.  The second two provide a simple
way of passing values to generators, something I got the impression
that the co-routiney people would like a lot.

STeVe
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy