[Python-Dev] Python 2.4 set objects and cyclic garbage

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed May 11 19:20:01 CEST 2005

In setobject.c rev 1.26 + 1.27 Raymond removed gc support from built-in
set objects, claiming in the log message that "sets cannot have
cycles".  Yet the attached program creates a cycle that I don't believe
ever gets reclaimed.

Patch 1200018 restores GC support to set objects for Python 2.4.  Thanks
to my colleague Matt Messier for finding this.

kick-me-if-i'm-smoking-something-ly y'rs,
-Barry

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1200018&group_id=5470&atid=305470