[Python-Dev] Old Python version categories in Bug Tracker

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:06:57 CEST 2005

Brett C. wrote:
> Facundo Batista wrote:
>
>>On 5/30/05, Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org> wrote:
>>

>>>While we can't (and shouldn't) delete categories, we can change the text used
>>>to describe them.  So "Python 2.2.2" can become "Python 2.2.2
>>>(unmaintained)".  Whether this is desirable or not, I'm not sure.
>>

>>+1 for this solution.
>

> +1 from me as well.

Sounds good to me, too, as long as a bit of explanatory text is added
to the 'submit new' page. (e.g. "If no other groups apply, please use
the group for your major Python version. Bugs reported against
unmaintained versions of Python will not be fixed unless the bug can
be reproduced using one of the maintained versions.")

Cheers,
Nick.