[Python-Dev] a different kind of reduce...

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Tue Nov 1 22:02:04 CET 2005

Reinhold Birkenfeld wrote:

> And we have solved the "map, filter and reduce are going away! Let's
> all weep together" problem with one strike!

I'm not sure if you're wildly enthusiastic, or very sarcastic.

I'm not sure which I should be either ...

The thought does appeal to me - especially func.partial(args). I don't
see any advantage to func.map(args) over func(*args), and it loses
functionality in comparison with map(func, args) (passing the function
as a separate reference).

Tim Delaney