[Python-Dev] (no subject)

Sokolov Yura falcon at intercable.ru
Thu Nov 10 21:48:14 CET 2005

>Mixing Decimal and float is nearly ALWAYS a user error. Doing it correctly
>requires significant expertise in the peculiarities of floating point
>representations.

So that I think user should declare floats explicitly (###.###f) - he will fall into float space only if
he wish it.

>So Python protects the user by throwing exceptions when
>attempts are made to mix Decimal and floats.

I hate it. I want to get float when I wish to get float. In that case i would like to write #f.
I want to stay with decimals by default. (and I want decimals written in C)

But it just an opinion of young inexperienced/unpractised man.

Excuse my English.