[Python-Dev] Implementation of PEP 341

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 00:40:47 CET 2005

On 11/13/05, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas Lee wrote:
> > Implemented as you suggested and tested. I'll submit the patch to the
> > tracker on sourceforge shortly. Are you guys still after contextual
> > diffs as per the developer pages, or is an svn diff the preferred way to
> > submit patches now?
>
> svn diff should be fine. Although I thought Brett had actually updated those
> pages after the move to svn. . .

I did.  But the docs just need to be revamped.  But I can't start on
that work until people tell me if they prefer FAQ-style (question
listing all steps and then a question covering each step) or
essay-style (bulleted list and then a definition/paragraph on each
step) for bug/patch guidelines.

> > Thanks very much for all your help, Nick. It was extremely informative.
>
> I think we can chalk up a respectable win for the AST-based compiler - the
> trick I suggested wouldn't really have been practical without the AST layer
> between the parser and the compiler.

Yeah, this is a total win for the AST compiler.  I would not have
wanted to attempt this with the old CST compiler.

-Brett