[Python-Dev] Event loops, PyOS_InputHook, and Tkinter

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Mon Nov 14 02:43:21 CET 2005

Fernando Perez wrote:

>Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon wrote:
>

>>For an extension module such as
>>PyGtk, the developers may decide that PyGtk is likely to be run in
>>non-interactive mode only, for which the PyGtk mainloop is sufficient.
>>

>Did you read my reply? ipython, based on code.py, implements a few simple
>threading tricks (they _are_ simple, since I know next to nothing about
>threading) and gives you interactive use of PyGTK, WXPython and PyQt
>applications in a manner similar to Tkinter.

That may be, and I think that's a good thing, but it's not up to me to
decide if PyGtk should support interactive use. The PyGtk developers
decide whether they want to decide to spend time on that, and they may
decide not to, no matter how simple it may be.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics